2014 Summer Camp Dates
Mountain Trekkers (ages 14+): Sun June 29 - Fri July 11 [2 weeks] ($750 per camper)
Austine Explorers (ages 10-13): Sun July 13 - Sat July 19 [1 week] ($395 per camper)
Vermont Saplings (ages 6-9): Sun July 20 - Sat July 26 [1 week] ($395 per camper)
Summer Camp Program
- The collaboration between the Vermont Lions and Austine School for the Deaf provides a wonderful summer camp opportunity for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children, hearing siblings, and children with deaf parents.
- American Sign Language (ASL) is utilized by all and taught as our primary mode of communication, although communication access for all is an essential cornerstone of our program.
Our days are filled with swimming, hiking, arts and crafts, games, scavenger hunts, and fireside chats.
- Austine collaborates with High 5 Adventure Learning to foster leadership development through team buiding activities and participation on a low/high ropes course.
Highlights of our program include (but are not limited to) a fishing derby, fireworks on the 4th of July, trip to the beach, wilderness skills training, and river excursions, depending on the session you attend.
- Clint Woosley is once again our Camp Director!! Clint is a native of Maryland, but comes our way from a long stint in the wilderness of the west. His lifelong passion of working with deaf and hard of hearing children is a perfect complement to his experience with directing summer camps in Colorado. He enjoys rock climbing, ropes courses, backpacking and reading. Clint is very excited about bringing his outdoor experience to our program this summer and looks forward to introducing our campers to the wide range of outdoor recreation activities in our great state of Vermont.
- Kris Lemire continues to be a part of camp this year- this will be her 15th season involved as camp staff and, as some of you know, she was a camper herself back in the 1990s. Kris has a passion for working with deaf youth and giving them positive experience and leadership opportunities. She is eager to help Clint make this our best camp yet!
WCAX Channel 3 Burlington, VT visits Camp - Summer 2011
Click the photo below to see the full experience.